Monday, March 4, 2013

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

Saturday was Dr. Seuss' birthday and there has been a lot of celebrating going on around Patrick Henry Elementary School.  One of the benefits of attending a school that is closing is that the PTA has funds that HAVE to be spent.  So, on Saturday, the PTA rented out the PHV theater and hosted a free showing of The Lorax to all PHES students.  In addition, the kids and parents all received free popcorn, drinks, and birthday cake!

Could this be a first date??  Taryn sits next to good buddy, Taize (in foreground), during the movie.

Yummy Dr. Seuss birthday cake for everyone after the movie.
The celebrating did not end there.  On Monday, Leena's class celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday and I was invited to help out.  The party consisted of the kids being split into three groups and then rotating between three stations.  I was in charge of one of the stations.  I read Horton Hatches the Egg and then the kids put together a Horton elephant made out of construction paper (all my idea!).  It was a huge success!!

Leena having fun playing "Sneetches" bingo at her first station.

The second station got to hear Green Eggs and Ham and decorated egg-shaped sugar cookies with green toppings (my idea and I supplied all the goodies and cookies!).

Station #3, my station!  The kids make their Hortons!

Class shot.  What a fun class!

Mommy and Leena.


No comments:

Post a Comment