Yes, you read the title correctly. We live in Germany and yet, Taryn's class put on a mini-Spanish Christmas Program. They get twice as much Spanish at school than German, but I digress. Today, all the parents were invited to go to Spanish class with the kids while they sang Spanish songs. It was amazing how much Spanish they have picked up so far this year. It's safe to say that they are learning more of the Spanish language than German in their German "Culture Class". Again, I digress. Taryn is fortunate enough to have a great and fun Spanish teacher, Senior Perez. He really makes learning fun as you will see from the video clips below. I wish I had a teacher like this in school!
 |
| Taryn and some of her buddies before the class started. |
Here is a clip of them learning Spanish the fun way! Taryn in silver skirt on right side.
Here they are singing Feliz Navidad. Taryn is on the left side of the screen. Unfortunately, I got stuck in the back of the room.
Here they are singing about hitting a pinata - complete with air guitar!
 |
| Taryn sports a Sombrero! |
 |
| The kids followed Senior Perez around the room while wearing sombreros and carrying pinatas and singing something in Spanish. |
 |
| During the Spanish class, it started to snow. At the end of Spanish, Taryn's teacher let the kids run around in the snow for about 10 minutes. Here's Taryn with some of her buddies. |
 |
| The kids were having a blast! When we arrived at the school, there was zero snow on the ground. In just a short time, it looked like this. It was really coming down! And here is Taryn running around in her cute ballet flats. When will I learn? Fortunately, she didn't care and it didn't seem to slow her down. |
 |
| Family pic in the snow. |
 |
| After the kids ran around, Taryn's teacher hosted a Mexican feast in the classroom. Here is Taryn and Taize. Taize is completely smitten with Taryn and has already offered up a few marriage proposals. He's a cutie. |
 |
| The class enjoys their Mexican celebration. |
No comments:
Post a Comment